COBIS is a membership association of British International Schools of global quality and corporate Supporting Members. Representing over 400 member organisations, COBIS is a responsive organisation, open to current and future opportunities. The association has developed markedly since its foundation, changing to meet the needs and aspirations of its growing global school membership base.
COBIS exists to serve, support and represent its member schools - their leaders, governors, staff and students by:
- Providing quality assurance in member schools
- Representing members with the British Government, educational bodies, the corporate sector
- Providing effective professional development for senior leaders, governors, teachers and support staff
- Facilitating, coordinating and supporting professional networking opportunities for British International Schools
- Processing Disclosure and Barring Service checks to promote child protection and safer recruitment and employment practices
- Engaging, challenging and inspiring students of all ages and abilities by delivering excellent interschool student competitions and events
- Communicating news and research about developing practice in the International and UK education sector
- Facilitating high impact 'Member to Member' professional networking
- Promoting career opportunities within the global COBIS network
St Saviour's School’s educational provision is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate which is tasked with ensuring that schools comply with the current regulatory requirements for schools in the UK. In June 2016, the ISI conducted a four day Integrated Inspection involving the observation of lessons and co-curricular activities, interviews with staff, students and trustees, Please click here to read the ISI Integrated Inspection Report on St Saviour's School If you would prefer to request a copy of either of these reports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The U.K. Government have put in place a voluntary inspection scheme for overseas schools. This ensures schools provide their pupils with the skills and qualifications they need to enter or re-enter the British education system. The scheme helps to inform parents about how the standards in these schools measure up against the standards that apply to independent schools in England. To become British Standards Overseas (BSO) Accredited a school must meet all the standards set out by the Department of Education in the U.K. St. Saviour’s School Ikoyi is inspected by the Independent Schools of the UK Inspectorate (ISI) To become accredited, you must have an inspection every 3 years which shows that your performance against all the standards is at least satisfactory.